Monday, October 14, 2013

The In-Between


"I shall limit myself here to recalling without effort certain things which, apart from any exertions on my part, have occassionally happened to me, things which, reaching me in unsuspecting ways, give me the measure of the particular grace and disgrace of which I am the object; I shall discuss these things without pre-established order, and according to the mood of the moment which lets whatever survives survive." (Nadja)

I stand in a sea of blurred faces, my focus on the distant figure shrouded in black. An ominous sign if I've ever seen one, I watch silently as the figure gets smaller and smaller. Suddenly, with no warning, I feel the presence of a hand lightly brush my shoulder. I turn around slowly, pivoting on my heel, a warning cry resonating in my head...
S
T
O
P

Unable to halt my turning progression, I find myself face to face with my greatest fear of all time

myself.



What are we? But the effervescent shadows of our former selves, trying to break free from the life, body and role we have been cast in. Lost in a world within a world; an inception of desires, fears, reality and ideas. 

Fantasy.

Nothing but a different perception on reality. 



How long can we last in the world that we want?

 Let's stay awhile in Neverland.


No comments:

Post a Comment